Page Won’t Delete in Word : How to fix
Page Won’t Delete in Word : How to fix : To delete a document in Word it is commonplace to put the cursor in the beginning of the page. Then, hit the delete/backspace keys. Sometimes, however, you cannot be able to erase the page. Even if you do it, the formatting of the page can be disrupted.
It is usually the case whenever you press the Enter key several times to switch to a different page. But, deleting a page is much simpler if you have made use of break points or section breaks.
Therefore, with no any further delay, let’s jump deep into this article to learn more about the steps to remove the unwanted pages from Word.
Also Read : Best Tomb Raider Games in Order by Release Date
How do I fix a page that won’t let you delete it in Word?
This issue is usually found on blank pages. Additionally, you may encounter the issue if there is tables in your document.
One option is to reduce your font’s size till the issue is in order. However, it may not always go as planned. But, you are able to explore the various solutions that are listed below to erase the pages correctly.
Search and Delete the Page in Word
You can see the invisible pages and paragraph markers and then erase them to eliminate an unneeded page. Follow the steps below to accomplish this.
Use the Navigation Pane to Find Pages Quickly
Usually, you are able to delete pages in normal view. If not, you can utilize the navigation pane in order to view the pages that are blank within the document.
Here’s how to accomplish it.
- Choose to open the “View” tab in the menu at the top.
- Then, allow the Navigation Pane checkbox. You can also use the shortcut key
Ctrl + Fon Windows and
Command + Fon Mac.
Show All the Formatting Marks
Unhide the hidden page breaks , and then make use of them to remove certain pages. This can be done by following the steps below.
- Click the Homet ab.
- Within the Paragraph group, activate within the paragraph group the pilcrow symbol (which is a reverse alphabet P).
- Alternately, you can utilize keyboard shortcuts like Ctrl + Shift + 8, or Command + 8 on Windows and Mac respectively.
Remove an empty page using Page Breaks
Choose “Page Break” to highlight the ” Page Break” mark on your pages and remove it with the backspace/delete key to delete the entire empty page.
You can also make use of instead the Find and replace option to locate the page breaks within the document. After that, you can make use of them to erase all blank pages in one go or just delete the page you want to delete.
In this regard,
- Press the Ctrl + H.
- Under the tab for Replace Under the Replace tab, enter
"m"then leave empty the replace by field empty.
- Use the button replace all to eliminate all empty pages with page breaks. Then click on the next button and then click Replace to remove specific pages that have breaks in the page.
If you do not notice the page breaks, however you notice blank space in your webpages, that means you’ve used your Enter key repeatedly. To remove them, you must select and remove the markers for paragraphs.
Delete Non-Empty Pages
You can also erase one particular page from your document in the following manner.
- Begin by navigating to the page you wish to erase and then place your keyboard cursor on the page. The navigation pane to locate the page you want to delete quickly.
the keys Ctrl and Gor
Command + Option and Ctrl + G or Option + Command +to run the program on Windows and Mac for Windows and Mac, respectively.
- Then, under the page’s number Enter the word “page” and then click Go to. This will highlight all the text (empty or not empty) within the webpage. Hit to close the page. close button.
- Then, then press the delete/backspace button to erase the page.
Remove a Page following the Table
Because Word automatically inserts an extra paragraph at the end of the table It can result in an additional white page to be added at the end of the file.
Even if you press delete or backspace keys but the page will not be deleted.
To solve the issue, modify parameters of the marker Word inserts. Here’s how to accomplish it.
- Click on the home tab.
- Then, right-click on the before the paragraph marker then select then the paragraph option.
- Click to open the indents or spacing tab.
- Then, under the Spacing section, you can set the Spacing 0pt For the Before and After field. Set the Line spacing for the Before and After fields to Exactly and the At-Value and the At value 1pt .
If you prefer, choose the pilcrow, and reduce the size until it is moved to the next page. You can make use of the below shortcut keys to reduce the size of the font.
- Windows: Ctrl + Shift +
- Mac: Command + Shift + <
Save/Convert the Word Document as a Pdf
When making changes to the Word document may be a bit difficult it is possible to use this trick to remove the unneeded page.
In this case we save Word as a pdf. Word as PDF for use with the page range feature and edit the pdf in place of the Word document. Here’s how to accomplish it.
- Open your Word document.
- After that, go through Save As Then, go to File Save as.
- Find a place to save.
- Next to the Save as you like Field to expand the dropdown box and choose the PDF option.
- Click the Options button, and then choose Page(s) under the page range section. The entire number of pages at the bottom left corner of your document.
- Then, enter the page range, excluding the final page(i.e. Total Pages 1) and click OK.
Additionally, you can select the pdf by right-clicking it and then open it in the Word application. You can also use various PDF editors to remove pages after you have converted the Word document to pdf.
Remove a Blank Page in the Middle of the Word Document
If removing a blank document alters the flow and layout, you’ll likely have the possibility of a section break.
You can alter sections break options to preserve the formatting in place and avoid blank pages in the same time. Here’s how to accomplish this.
- You can enable the show all formatting marks that are mentioned in the previous sections.
- The cursor should be placed before the break in section.
- Under the tab Layout, select and launch the Page Setup dialog (looks like an arrow with a diagonal).
- In”Layout” tab you can set the Section beginning to Continuous..
- Check whether the page you want to delete is removed without impacting the flow of your document.