Change Your PLDT Home Fibr WiFi Password: Changing the WiFi password for your PLDT Home Fibr router is a simple process that can be completed in a few steps. It is important to change your password regularly to ensure the security of your network and keep unwanted users from accessing your connection.
Table of Contents
PLDT Home Fibr WiFi :
PLDT Home Fibr is a high-speed internet service offered by Philippine Long Distance Telephone Company (PLDT) in the Philippines. It uses fiber-optic technology to provide fast and reliable internet speeds to homes and businesses.
The service is available in various plans with different bandwidth options, ranging from 8Mbps up to 100Mbps. With PLDT Home Fibr, you can enjoy high-speed internet for online activities such as streaming, gaming, video conferencing, and more.
PLDT Home Fibr also comes with a wireless router that allows you to connect multiple devices to the internet, this router comes with a built-in WiFi feature that allows you to connect your mobile devices, laptops and other WiFi enabled devices to the internet wirelessly. This feature enables users to connect to the internet without the need of cables, and it is the feature that you can change the password as we discuss earlier.
If you are experiencing any issues with your PLDT Home Fibr service, you can contact PLDT’s customer service for assistance. They can help you troubleshoot any problems and provide guidance on how to optimize your internet connection.
Also Read : ASUS ROG GL753
Steps to Change Your PLDT Home Fibr WiFi Password:
Accessing the Router’s Web Interface:
The first step to change your PLDT Home Fibr WiFi password is to access the router’s web interface. To do this, you will need to connect your computer or mobile device to the router’s network. Once connected, open a web browser and type in the router’s IP address into the address bar. The default IP address for PLDT Home Fibr routers is “192.168.1.1” or “192.168.254.254”. Press enter or go.
You will be prompted to enter the router’s username and password. The default username and password for PLDT Home Fibr routers are “admin” for both.
Navigating to the WiFi Settings:
Once you have successfully logged into the router’s web interface, navigate to the WiFi settings. This can usually be found under the “Wireless” or “WiFi” tab on the main menu.
Changing the WiFi Password:
Once you have located the WiFi settings, you will see the option to change the WiFi password. It may be labeled as “Security Settings” or “Wireless Password”.
You will be prompted to enter the new password. It is recommended to use a strong password that contains a combination of letters, numbers, and symbols. Once you have entered the new password, click on the “Apply” or “Save” button to save the changes.
Testing the New Password:
After you have saved the new password, you should test it by connecting to the network from another device. If you are able to connect to the network, your password change was successful.
Writing down the new password:
It’s important to keep a note of your new password, in case you need to reconnect or share it with others.
Step-by-Step Instructions to Change Your PLDT Home Fibr WiFi Password:
- Connect your computer or mobile device to the PLDT Home Fibr router’s network.
- Open a web browser and type in the router’s IP address into the address bar. The default IP address for PLDT Home Fibr routers is “192.168.1.1” or “192.168.254.254”. Press enter or go.
- Enter the router’s default username and password. The default username and password for PLDT Home Fibr routers are “admin” for both.
- Locate the wireless settings in the router’s web interface, typically found under the “Wireless” or “WiFi” tab on the main menu.
- Look for the option to change the WiFi password, it may be labeled as “Security Settings” or “Wireless Password”.
- Enter a new password and make sure it’s a combination of letters, numbers, and symbols, it’s recommended to use a strong password.
- Click on the “Apply” or “Save” button to save the changes.
- Test the new password by connecting another device to the network.
- Keep a note of your new password in case you need to reconnect or share it with others.
Note: The above instructions are general steps, some PLDT Home Fibr router models may have a different layout or interface. You can refer to your router manual for specific instructions on changing the WiFi password.
- Make sure to change your password regularly to keep your network secure
- Avoid using easily guessable information such as your name, address, or birthdate
- Use a combination of letters, numbers, and symbols to make your password stronger
- Avoid using the same password for multiple accounts
Why can’t I log in to the PLDT admin dashboard despite using the correct password?
There could be several reasons why you are unable to log in to the PLDT admin dashboard despite using the correct password. Some possible causes include:
- Incorrect IP address: Make sure you are using the correct IP address for your router, the default IP address for PLDT Home Fibr routers is “192.168.1.1” or “192.168.254.254”
- Router is not properly configured: Make sure your router is properly configured and connected to the internet.
- Router has been reset to factory settings: If your router has been reset to its factory settings, the default username and password will have been restored, so you will need to use the default login credentials.
- The account is locked: If you have attempted to login multiple times with an incorrect password, the account might be locked, you should contact PLDT customer service for assistance.
- Browser issue: Try accessing the admin dashboard using a different browser or clearing the cache and cookies of your current browser.
How do I know my modem or router?
To know your modem or router, check the device that connects your computer or mobile device to the internet, it will have a label on it that displays the brand name and model number of the device. The modem or router may also have a series of lights that indicate the status of the internet connection, power, and other settings. If you still can’t locate the device, you can check with your internet service provider or consult the user manual that came with your internet service package.
192.168.1.1 doesn’t show anything. Why is that so?
If accessing the IP address 192.168.1.1 doesn’t show anything, it could mean that the device is not connected to the network, the IP address is incorrect, or there is an issue with the router or modem. It’s possible that the router or modem is not properly configured or is experiencing a malfunction. Try restarting the device and check the network connections. If the problem persists, contact your internet service provider for assistance.
Changing the WiFi password for your PLDT Home Fibr router is an important step in ensuring the security of your network. By following these simple steps, you can change your password in a matter of minutes and keep unwanted users from accessing your connection. Remember to change your password regularly and use a strong, unique password to keep your network secure.